Sunday 24 May 2015

Great Eastern Colour My Heart Run 2015

As usual the nervous really breaks u down the night before raceday, But I havnt had this kinda nervousness since my earlier races. 
Sunday Morning at Dataran Merdeka arrived early to get a near parking and to be mentally relaxed for the race. Met my friend Rani which arrived almost the same time as i did. Made a few chit chat as it was too early for warmup.
But there u go 30mins before the race. The Starting line was packed. After few years of running this was my first race actually to Start at Padang Merbok. The instensity feeling was high because  my of the killer route (which is the DUTA hockey stadium route). 
Tried to start easy on the hills and avoid cramps or muscle pain. Luckily i made it to finish. It was a mentally exausting and physical challenge for this race. We had to finish with extra two hills which was the Double Hill (aka White House/Rumah Putih) together with the Skolah Arab route. 
I did a time of 49.51mins with a 11.87 km distance. Not quite satisfied wtih the time target was 48mins++, But the hills was holding me back.  Managed to get 6th Malaysia Mens. Overall satisfied. But hopefully i could recover before my Kuantan Half (which is 7days from now). 

All i could say is (I am no elite or pro-runner) But from experience dont kill yourself in training. Manage it , plan well and all plan will succeed. 





Thanks to Moey for the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment