Sunday 7 June 2015

Kuantan Half / KCK Setia Alam 2015.

After a dissapointing Race from Kuantan Half Marathon, it took me some time to publish a post to this Blog. Firstly dissapointed with myself that i couldnt still bring up to pace for my Half Marathon.
This year i hardly take long  distance running as to focus on my core n speedwork. So endurance wasnt so much in my programme. But well its better to learn the hardway. As for this KuantanHalf.
I tried to keep up with a 4;11pace for the first 10k (Just to test wether i could hold that pace  till the next final 10k) It was a crazy thing to do. haha so i learned that in order to keep endurance n strength cutting down to 10secs less is what i needed to do in order to keep my endurance throughout the race.
So... meaning easy on the first 10k, alot needed to be done for my long distance running so I decided to race easy the last 10k without any helf from salt sticks. Focus what was wrong and troubleshooting. Takes alot of courage to run a race and still doing some experiments and admit to falling out of the top10 list. 

So the following week is KCK 10km, i dedicided to do some endurance and few speedworks. And try to back out from any extreme practice runs and save strength. Well i did it. managed to keep a 4;01 pace throughout the 10km. and did a 3.58 for the first 5.5km. 
So this coming week is my Lumut Half.  I hope that what i practiced and learned should able to keep me in line. either that i still needed to find the faults in  my longdistance running. 


2015 KUANTAN HALF MARATHON MEN OPEN RESULT


KCK 10KM MEN OPEN PODIUM

WITH LEE CHING KEONG, FARIS SYAZA, ME , JAYAKUMAR

No comments:

Post a Comment