Sunday 17 November 2013

Penang Bridge International Marathon, It was a good run How was yours?


My first try at the PBIM Half Marathon, must say it was a good and smooth run for me and many others. For me it was quite a gentle run and not too steep like the previous BSN marathon. Fueled my self one whole day before the race and did nothing but eat and sleep. Sounds like a slob eh? But it did worked out for me. Pure rest was most essential. Did my time at 1hr38mins But still waiting for my ranking today. ,must say I still had enough fuel to go further. Thanks to the goreng pisang and nasik kandar haha..
The day before the race we just had Nasi Kandar at 6am then found a hotel to crash in, woke up for lunch had rice at a tom yam store nearby, then had delicious Penang goreng pisang and had more sleep, woke up had rice at the same stall, had 2hours of sleep again and went of to Queens Bay at 12:30. 
It was a 4.2km walk from our hotel to Queens Bay. But it was alright, much warmed uped before the race. And from there on waited on the starting line 1hour before Gun Time. 
It was a cool rainy weather that morning and 47,000 people turned upped for this yearly event. I guess the whole of Penang turned upped for this race cuz after we saw everyone was wearing the marathon jerseys around town. 
Looks like I'm planing for a full marathon in Penang next year. How was your weekend run?









With Seremban Pacers, Always bumped into them whenever there's a huge marathon going on. Good people very supportive and Positive!!

Essential fuel to keep you going for your marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment