Wednesday 2 October 2013

Larian Sultan Mahmud Shah and SCKLM

A Back to Back Marathon in 2 different states Havnt done such thing before not even in KL itself. Well i was just aiming for a comfy pace and not to pressure to much cuz I had to cover 32km in 2days right.

At Sultan Mahmud Bridge Marathon. The environment was welcoming, mostly athletes from gov forces or the normal public. Luckily the weather was cool and not so windy as we went along Batu Burok bridge you could see the beautiful ocean and it's sands, we passed through the small towns and a small hilly climb in between, the first 10km you would go on the Sultan Mahmud Bridge and make a turn back to Batu Burok...
Of all times my knee had to make problems for me. It was stuck at 11km. So I tried to stretch then of abit and continued this for 200 meters or so. Luckily I got back to my comfortable pace in no time.
It was a good run, and my PB was 1:41hrs.

Standard Chartered KL Marathon
Just after the Sultan Mahmud Marathon in Terengganu I took a night flight back to KL.
With delays cuz of the bad weather I had to be stuck in the airport for another hour.
When I arrived in KL it was 12:30am, took a quick rice n chicken dinner before heading to sleep. 
Managed to only get 2hrs of total sleep. Then off I went...
Luckily it was a 10km cruise. So not much pressure there. But there were also fast pacers too... The 1st leading was around 40mins not mistaken. I came in 8th place with 47mins. The most sleepy race I ever went haha... Well I could do better but my body was telling me to get some rest.
It was a good run, looking forward to do my half for KL marathon in 2014! 



No comments:

Post a Comment