Sunday 19 January 2014

FUN D BAZAAR SS2 MALL

Started around 8am, quite the latest race I've ever been. But luckily the weather is cloudy and a tinge of wind.
Started off at SS2 Mall PJ, the flag off was by category started with Women's Veteran to Men's Open. 
Surprisingly a lot of elite athletes turned up for this race as it was just a top 10 hamper gift. 
Never mind that. The route was challenging as we had to do a 3 steep hill climbs from the Jalan Universiti flyover. Saw 2 Kenyans in the race speeding like a bullet. 
Some runners were quite confused and ended up doing more than 10kms as they didn't see the Marshall flagging  the finishing path and went straight doing more mielage. 
The exact gps I got was 9.77km some did 11km some even did 15km. Learned from my previous races is always study the map before a race especially if it's a continuous loop race. 
I did my time for 42mins, suppose to have my placing but because of the mish mash I couldn't even be bothered as it was just a charity race. And people should be happy to run and donate and not compete. 
I have to say everything was good. But the organizers for this race have to be a bit more stern and discipline.

Today doing my recovery run, how's your running weekend folks?



No comments:

Post a Comment